TO FILE AN ONLINE CLAIM WITH SGI
SGI Auto eClaim registration is a fast and easy way to file your incident and book an appraisal with SGI. Alternatively, you can call SGI at 1-800-667-9779 to start your claim.Start Claim
Filing a Claim
- Note that glass repairs for back and side glass can be filed with Auto eClaim, with the exception of front windshields. Visit our Auto Glass page to complete a windshield replacement request. We will file directly to SGI on your behalf.
- Make sure to have your driver’s licence, vehicle registration and SGI policy number handy if you have one.
- Have all information from the other party involved with your collision
Receive a Damage Estimate
- After submitting your claim, you need to have your damage assessed by a collision estimator who will appraise your vehicle, followed by creating a damage/repair estimate.
- Sherwood Collision Centre is an Accredited Repair Shop, so we can complete your damage estimate and repair your vehicle, saving you time!
- Once an appraisal (damage estimate) is complete, you’ll receive the cost of repairs for your vehicle, which you’ll need to give to your claims adjuster to confirm your insurance coverage. Once confirmed, the repairs to your vehicle can begin.
- Repairs to your vehicle must be completed within 2 years of incident, however, we recommend reporting your claim as soon as possible to avoid any further damage to the vehicle, especially if the damage could affect safe driving.
What To Do When You’re In a Vehicle Collision
- Accidents happen! When they do, it is essential to know how to start your claim with SGI. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the entire process:
- Call SGI
- Receive an SGI Claim number
- Receive a revised claim number
- Reach out to Sherwood Collision Centre with your claim number and vehicle details
- Schedule an Estimate