Affiliate Programs and Promotions
Student BonusHow Does It Work? We know that students don’t exactly have a lot of spare cash. That’s why we want to help you get behind the wheel of a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac with our Student Bonus program. If you’re a student or you have graduated within the last 4 years you may be eligible to receive up to $750* off your next vehicle.Program Details To participate, simply visit a local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealership. They’ll be able to answer any and all questions regarding down payments, trade-ins, combining offers and more.With so many awesome vehicles to choose from, you have an exciting decision to make!
Who is eligible for the Student Bonus discount?The Student Bonus is open to eligible individuals who:
- Are full-time high school students.
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from a recognized high school.
- Are part-time*** or full-time students who are enrolled in an accredited college, CEGEP, university or apprenticeship program.
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from. an accredited college, CEGEP, university or apprenticeship program.
- Are part-time*** or full-time students of an Adult and Vocational program.
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from an accredited part-time or full-time Adult and Vocational program.
How do I participate in the Student Bonus discount?If you’re eligible, talk to your dealer to redeem. Locate a dealer near you.
Can I combine the Student Bonus Discount offer with other GM Discount Programs and current retail incentives?Yes, in most cases. Ask your local dealership for details.
Can I use a trade-in with the Student Bonus Discount?Yes. Your dealership will be able to provide more information on trade-ins.Contact a dealer today to redeem your Student Bonus Discount. Locate a dealer.
*Eligible students or recent graduates receive a Student Bonus credit of $500 or $750 (tax inclusive) (credit amount depends on vehicle purchased) to use towards the purchase or lease of one eligible new 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle delivered between January 3rd, 2019 – January 2nd, 2020. Excludes Chevrolet Bolt and Volt. Vehicle must be registered solely in name of applicant (but contracts may be co-signed) for a minimum of six months and 12,000 kilometres. Limit of one vehicle purchase, finance or lease per eligible individual in his/her lifetime; offer not available to recipients of any previous GM student/graduate offer. Limited time offer, which replaces certain prior GM offers and may not be combined with certain current GM offers. Void where prohibited by law. General Motors of Canada Company may modify, extend or terminate this offer in whole or in part at any time without notice. For full program details, including participant and vehicle eligibility, please visit your local dealer or call 1-800-GM-DRIVE.ºApplicant must be a legal resident of Canada of age of majority in their province or territory of residence at time of application with a valid Canadian Driver’s Licence. Individuals must meet the eligibility and other offer requirements during the offer period. Limited to institutions in or outside Canada as currently approved or recognized by General Motors of Canada Company. See your dealer for eligible institutions. As part of the transaction, dealer may request eligibility documentation and will contact GM Canada to verify eligibility. Determination of full-time status at discretion of GM Canada as determined through supporting documentation. For full program details, please visit your local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealer or call 1-800-GM-DRIVE.** For graduates, the 4-year eligibility period will be measured from the date shown on the graduate’s diploma.*** Working towards a degree or diploma for a program consisting of the equivalent of two years or 16 months of study.Note: A student is eligible only once in his/her lifetime.
Canadian Forces Appreciation DiscountAll of Canada thanks you. As do we In recognition of the selfless acts of service to our country, please accept a ‘Canadian Forces Appreciation Discount’ of $500* off almost any new 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac. All active, reserve and veteran military personnel (including spouses) are eligible. Plus, this great new offer can be combined with our other retail discounts and partner programs that really add up to savings!Program Details To participate, simply bring proof of either a current or past Canadian Forces membership to a local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealership. They’ll be able to answer any and all questions regarding eligible vehicles, down payments, trade-ins, combining offers and more.
Who is eligible for the Canadian Forces Appreciation Discount?Canadian Forces personnel who qualify for this program include:
- Active members
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from. an accredited college, CEGEP, university or apprenticeship program.
- Spouses** of any of the above including surviving spouses
Which vehicles are eligible?See dealer for vehicle eligibility on new 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac models.
How do I participate in the Canadian Forces Appreciation Discount?Simply bring in your current or former proof of Canadian Forces membership to your local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealership.
How many vehicles am I eligible to purchase, finance and/or lease?There is no restriction on the number of vehicles an eligible individual can purchase/lease through the Canadian Forces Appreciation Discount.
Can I share my Canadian Forces Appreciation Discount?Yes, you can share your discount with your spouse.
Can I combine the Canadian Forces Appreciation Discount with current retail incentives and other GM Discount Programs?Yes, in most cases.1 Ask your local Dealership for details.
Can I order a vehicle through this program, rather than choosing one from my dealer’s inventory?Yes, absolutely!
Can I use a trade-in with the Canadian Forces Appreciation Discount?Yes. Your dealership will be able to provide more information on trade-ins.
* Active, reserve and veteran military personnel (including spouses) will receive $500 (tax inclusive) towards the purchase or lease of an eligible 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac delivered between January 3rd, 2019– January 2nd, 2020. Excludes Chevrolet Bolt and Volt. Must present proof of present or former membership in the Canadian Forces to be eligible. GM Canada may modify, extend or terminate offers in whole or in part at any time without notice. Conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for detail.** Includes widowed spouses of eligible Canadian Forces personnel. Proof of spousal relationship required.1 This program may not be combined with certain other consumer incentives available on GM vehicles. Excluding Chevrolet Bolt and Volt and Cadillac ELR. Must present proof of present or former membership in the Canadian Forces to be eligible. See dealer for details.
Welcome to CanadaWelcome Newcomers! Are you new to Canada? Well, let us be one of the first to say, “Welcome!” We’re happy to have you.As a welcome gift, we’re happy to offer you $1,000* off any new eligible 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac. Individuals who hold a valid Permanent Resident Card issued in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 or Temporary Workers with a valid work permit are eligible. Plus, the Welcome to Canada Bonus offer can be combined with our other retail discounts and partner programs which really add up to savings!Program Details To participate, simply visit your local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealership. They’ll be able to answer any and all questions regarding combining offers, eligible vehicles, down payments and more.
Who is eligible for the $1,000 Welcome To Canada Bonus?All individuals who hold a valid Permanent Residence Card or Temporary Workers with a valid work permit:
- The arrival date on the back of the Permanent Resident Card must state calendar years 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019.
- The Temporary Work Permit must be valid at time of purchase.
Are there any other requirements?
- Individuals must have a valid Canadian driver’s licence to be eligible.
- Vehicles must be registered in the name of the eligible individual and can be co-titled with their spouse, or financing/leasing co-signer (financial documentation must be provided to prove co-signing eligibility).
- A person is considered and eligible under the provisions of this program only once in his or her lifetime.
Which GM vehicles are eligible for the Welcome To Canada Bonus?See dealer for vehicle eligibility on new 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac models.
When does the program begin and end?Offer valid from December 1st, 2018 – January 2nd, 2020.
Can I combine the Welcome to Canada Bonus with another GM Discount Programs or current retail incentives?Yes, in most cases. Please ask your local dealership for details.
* Offer applies to eligible new immigrants living in Canada with a valid Permanent Resident Card with an arrival date of 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019 or Temporary Foreign Workers with a valid temporary work permit. $1,000 credit is a manufacturer-to-consumer (tax inclusive) available on eligible Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles.Offer valid from December 1st, 2018 to January 2nd 2020. As part of the transaction, dealer may request documentation to verify eligibility. This offer may not be redeemed for cash and may not be combined with certain other consumer incentives. Certain limitations and conditions apply. Void where prohibited. GM Canada reserves the right to amend or terminate this offer for any reason, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice.Locate a Dealer for full details.
Mobility ProgramWelcome to the Mobility Program At General Motors, we know just how important mobility is if you have a disability.That’s why we’ve created the GM Mobility Program. It’s designed to help people with disabilities access the resources they need, and get a reimbursement of up to $1,000* towards the cost of adapting an eligible new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac.Program Details To help you find the equipment and vehicle that’s right for you, we’ve included the information you’ll need and a number of links in the following pages, as well as a helpful overview you can download and keep.
Getting StartedGetting the vehicle you love adapted with the right equipment can be a simple process. To start, we recommend you:Obtain an evaluation or visit your medical practitioner First find a driver assessment facility and arrange for a complete evaluation. There are a number of facilities across the country, but if you’re not sure where to find one, you can always get in touch with the Ministry of Transportation or contact us at the GM Mobility Program. Your assessment should include suggestions about your driving and a list of vehicle modification recommendations.If you already know what kind of adaptive equipment you need, you won’t need an evaluation. Your equipment installer will only need a physician’s authorization form.Contact the Provincial Ministry of Transportation In most provinces, people are required to report any changes in their medical status to the Provincial Ministry of Transportation. When you report a change in your medical status, the Ministry may conduct a medical review, and may need to alter your driving privileges for your safety. Also keep in mind that failure to report a change in your medical status may put your driver’s licence status in jeopardy altogether.
Eligible EquipmentTo be eligible for a GM reimbursement for up to $1,000,* your adaptive equipment must be:
- Permanently installed in an eligible vehicle
- Installed for a driver or passenger with a permanent disability
- Vehicle conversion must be completed for eligible participants within 12 months of the new vehicle purchase/lease date.
- Regular production options and GM accessories are not eligible for reimbursement.
The following equipment is eligible for reimbursement:
- Automatic Door Opener (when used with lift)
- Assist Handle
- Assist Step
- Transfer Platform
- Wheelchair and/or Scooter Lift
Brake /Accelerator Systems
- Brakes — Reduced Effort
- Brake System — Emergency Backup
- Parking Brake — Push/Pull Control
- Parking Brake — Electric
- Parking Brake — Extension Lever
- Hand Controls
- Servo-Assisted Hand Controls
- Left Foot Accelerator
- Vinyl Seat Cover (Front Seating Area Only)†
- Extended Travel Transfer Seat (non-OEM Only)**
- Safety Belt Extenders
- Adaptive Steering Devices
- Steering Controls
- Foot-Control Steering
- Horizontal Steering
- Steering Column Extension
- Steering System — Emergency Backup
- Steering System — Reduced and Zero Effort
- Driving Consoles for Relocation of Secondary Controls
- Elbow Switches
- Gear Selector Lever for Left Hand
- Power Channels/Power Pan
- Turn Signal Lever for Right Hand
- Wheelchair Tie-Down and/or Lockdown System
Other Vehicle Modifications
- Joystick Driving Systems
- Inverter Installation
- Lowered Floor
- Quad Key Holder/Turner
- Raised Roof/Door (when used with a lift)
- Alert systems
Choose a VehicleGet your driver assessment professional involved in the process. There is a broad range of vehicles and adaptive equipment available, but finding the right match can be challenging. Space limitations, vehicle use and the type of equipment you need are all factors you should consider when you’re doing your research. Remember if you need help choosing the right vehicle, get in touch with your GM Canada dealer, an adaptive equipment installer or your assessment professional.Locate a dealerGM Mobility Vans – The Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana The full-size Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana mobility vans provide abundant interior space, cargo capacity,† and accessibility that wheelchair and scooter users can appreciate. Express and Savana are practical choices for installing adaptive equipment and mobility accessories like wheelchair lifts, ramps, running boards, and driver aids.†† What’s more, the Express and Savana mobility vans offer amenities, options, and safety features that help make every outing more comfortable and secure.Learn more about the Chevrolet Express and the GMC Savana.
Find a Qualified Equipment InstallerBefore you choose an adaptive equipment dealer, shop around and ask about their qualifications, warranty, service practices and capabilities. Consider more than just the initial cost, and if you think it’s necessary, ask the company for a list of references. If you’re not sure where to find qualified installers in your area, the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA), your provincial rehabilitation services agency and the Ministry of Transportation are good sources of information.Get to know NMEDA NMEDA is a non-profit trade association of mobility equipment dealers, driver rehabilitation specialists, and other professionals dedicated to broadening the opportunities for people with disabilities. To make sure you have the chance to drive or be transported in a vehicle modified with adaptive equipment, they maintain an up-to-date list of dealers and installers across the country. Use the NMEDA search tool to find an adaptive equipment dealer near you.Find out more about NMEDA or contact them at 1-800-833-0427.Make sure you get proper training The equipment installer and/or driver evaluator should train you in the proper use, care and maintenance of your adaptive equipment and vehicle control system.
FAQHow can I make sure my vehicle is eligible? For the GM Mobility Reimbursement Program, in effect until January 2, 2020, you must purchase or lease a new 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle.Can I use the reimbursement with other factory rebates and incentives? Yes. Speak to your dealer about other offers available to you.I don’t see my adaptive equipment on your eligibility list. How do I find out if I can reimbursed? Please feel free to contact us at the GM CANADA MOBILITY ASSISTANCE CENTRE: 1-800-GM-DRIVE (463-7483) English/French (TTY users, 1-800-263-3830).How soon after I purchase or lease my new vehicle do I have to complete the equipment installation and apply for reimbursement? To take advantage of the GM Mobility Reimbursement Program, you must have the vehicle adapted and submit a claim within 12 months of the date of purchase/lease. Other program rules apply.Are there any other ways I can offset the cost of purchasing adaptive equipment? The Canadian government does offer tax credits and rebate programs for some adaptive equipment. Contact your Provincial Ministry of Transportation for more information.Where can I find a qualified equipment installer? If you’re not sure where to find qualified installers in your area, the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA), your provincial rehabilitation services agency and the Ministry of Transportation are good sources of information. You can also use the NMEDA search tool to find an adaptive equipment dealer near you.Where can I get a driver evaluation? There are a number of facilities across the country, but if you’re not sure where to find one, you can always get in touch with your local Ministry of Transportation or contact us at the GM Mobility Program at 1-800-GM-DRIVE (463-7483).
* Up to $1,000 (tax exclusive) credit available on eligible new 2019 or 2020 MY Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac delivered by January 2nd, 2020 to eligible customers. Only certain equipment and adaptations are acceptable for the credit under the program. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request. GM Canada may modify or terminate program in whole or in part at any time without notice. See dealer for details.**GM Mobility will not reimburse for relocation of, or modification to, original equipment seats or seat tracks.†Only if vehicle is not available with vinyl/leather.
1) See if your company is eligible for Preferred Pricing?
Click the button below to find out if you’re eligible to take advantage of Preferred Pricing.Check Eligibility
2) Select your new vehicle
Almost all Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles are eligible for Preferred Pricing. Which one will you choose?View Virtual Showroom
3) Visit a participating Dealer
Head to a participating Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealer with your proof of employment (recent pay stub, HR letter, your company card) to confirm eligibility. Find a dealer online or call 1-800-463-7483.Find A Dealer
*Current employees of eligible Preferred Pricing companies can purchase or lease an eligible new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac at GM Employee Price plus applicable fees and taxes. GM Employee Price is defined as the dealer’s price of the base price of the vehicle, plus options, Program Participation fees, REP fees and dealer fees (if applicable) as shown on the invoice. This calculation excludes taxes, license and registration fees, insurance, personal property registry fees and freight charges. Model restrictions may apply. See participating GM Dealer for all program details. GM may modify or terminate this program in whole or in part without notice.